Fremont Concert in the Park Series
The Fremont Concert Series in the Park entertains people with live music in the beautiful outdoor setting of Birchard Park. This season begins in June.
1313 Oak Harbor Road
In 1996 three new little league baseball fields replaced historic Anderson Field. The park also includes a basketball court, playground equipment, and restroom facilities.
Biggs-Kettner Memorial East Side Park
601 St. Joseph Street
This park is named in memory of police patrolman Joseph Biggs who died in the line of duty November 3, 1948 and fire fighter George Kettner who died in the line of duty December 7, 1948. It includes a basketball court, playground equipment, Skate Park, restrooms, a soccer field, tennis courts and six shelter houses. The park connects to the North Coast Inland Trail which runs 6.5 miles to the City of Clyde and 1.5 miles to the corner of Park Avenue and Hayes Avenue in Fremont. It is also the location of Fremont Community Recreation Complex which has indoor basketball and volleyball courts, a seasonal ice rink and a heated outdoor pool. The park is also adjacent to the Baumann Climbing Wall at Shinew Park.
1400 Birchard Avenue
Dedicated October 19, 1871, this land was donated to the City of Fremont by Sardis Birchard. This beautifully wooded park includes a basketball court, tennis court, shelter houses, shuffleboard courts and a walking path. A bandstand in the park is home to the Fremont Concert in the Park Series each summer.
RICHARD D. MAIER PARK
1019 Birchard Avenue
Created by the intersection of Birchard Avenue, Buckland Avenue and Monroe Avenue, this park has beautiful trees, a gazebo and several benches. The park was donated to the City of Fremont by Sardis Birchard in 1871. A dedication ceremony September 28, 1986 renamed the park from Triangle Park to Richard D. Maier Memorial Park in honor of the former mayor.
329 Avis Street
Just a short walk from downtown Fremont, Swartzlander-Rotary Park is a great place to take a break from downtown shopping.
Corner of State Street & Front Street.
Brick walls and landscape beds beautify this downtown corner. This park was made possible by a generous donation from John Tschumy. It was dedicated December 3, 2001.
ROBERT l. WALSH PARK
610 Morrison Street
The largest park in the city park system was made possible by a generous donation from Robert L. Walsh. It contains walking trails, playground equipment, a large shelter house, restrooms, a fountain and a memorial garden managed by the City of Fremont Tree and Beautification Commission. The park was dedicated to Robert L. Walsh July 4, 1996. Mr. Walsh was an avid walker who enjoyed nature.
RODGER W. YOUNG PARK
1111 Tiffin Street
Dedicated to World War II hero Rodger W. Young in 1943, this park includes six baseball/softball fields, eight tennis courts, two basketball courts, playground equipment, two shelter houses, four multi-purpose fields, parking and restroom facilities.
TREE & BEAUTIFICATION COMMISSION