Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is an educational, advocacy, and compliance department of the City of Fremont. Through education we will partner with Terra Community College and Fremont City Schools to offer inclusive trainings, programs, and services to the community. Through advocacy we focus our efforts to eliminate barriers to mental health access in partnership with the Board of Mental Health of Seneca, Sandusky, and Wyandot Counties. Through compliance we partner with the City’s Safety Service Director to ensure inclusive hiring practices & trainings, and the Community Relations Commission to review citizens’ concerns.
Community Cookout(s) – Free Food | Games | Activities | Music
Co-hosted by the Fremont Police Department and the Fremont Community Recreation Complex
- June 16, 2021 – Biggs Kettner (East Side) Park | 12p – 2pm
- July 8, 2021 – Rodger Young Park | 6pm – 8pm
- July 22, 2021 – Fremont Ross High School Track | 4pm – 6pm
- August 15, 2021 – Ozzie Rauch (Second Street) Park, Ribbon Cutting | 2pm – 4pm
Courageous Conversations: The 7 Pillars of Inclusion
- June 19, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 9am – 1pm
- July 17, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 9am – 1pm
- August 21, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 9am – 1pm
- September 4, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 4pm – 8pm
- September 18, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 4pm – 8pm
- October 2, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 4pm – 8pm
- October 16, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 4pm – 8pm
Diversity and Inclusion
- August 7, 2021 – Farmers Market Downtown | 9am – 1pm
City-Wide Diversity Strategic Planning Committee:
The Diversity Strategic Planning Committee will consist of members of the community. More information is forthcoming regarding the committee’s purpose and committee selection.
Report a Community Concern
This form is for all residents of the City of Fremont, Ohio. Use this form to report incidents of discrimination and harassment. Please fill out the form below providing as much information as possible based on your knowledge of the situation. Please note that providing contact information is optional. If you choose not to provide your contact information, the form will be submitted anonymously.
Filing this concern is for resolution through the Mayor’s Community Relations Commission (CRC), and does not constitute filing an official police report or citizen compliant form with the Fremont Police Department. Nor does it supersede the policy and procedure of an organization, business, civic group, etc. within City Limits. This report is NOT confidential. Submitting this report notifies the Office of Diversity & Inclusion.
Fremont City Diversity & Inclusion Department