Water Reclamation Center
Thank you for visiting the City of Fremont Water Reclamation Center’s webpage. We welcome the opportunity to share information and answer any questions you may have about our department.
The staff of the Water Reclamation Center (WRC) strive to provide the best services to the citizens of the Fremont community at an affordable cost while preserving and enhancing the water environment of the Sandusky River and Lake Erie.
A major upgrade was recently completed at the facility to improve treatment and increase capacity. The upgrades to increase capacity are part of the City’s effort to reduce the number of combined sewer overflows that can occur when water volume from precipitation events overwhelm the combined sewerage system.
The staff at the WRC welcome the opportunity to provide tours of the new facility to interested individuals and groups. Please call the facility, or e-mail me to schedule a visit.
- Operate and Maintain the Water Reclamation Center
- Comply with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit
- Administer Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Administer Sludge Management Program
- Operate and Maintain 25 pump stations
- Operate and Maintain the City’s Flood Control System
- Annual Inspections by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Certification by FEMA
- Safety Committee
- Management Advisory Committee
- Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments Wastewater Committee
- Sandusky River Watershed Committee
- Ohio Water Environment Association Executive Committee
- Northwest Ohio Water Environment Association Executive Committee
- Northwest Ohio Water Environment Association Laboratory Committee
Fremont City Water Reclamation Center