Notice of Civil Service Examination
City of Fremont, Ohio
The City of Fremont will conduct a Civil Service Examination in order to establish an eligibility list for hiring Police Officers
Physical Examination Date: April 10 at 9 am or April 14 at 6 pm
Time: Registration will begin one half hour prior to the beginning of the physical examination
Test Site: Fremont Recreation Center, 600 Saint Joseph St. Fremont, Ohio 43420
Written Examination Info:
Written examinations can be taken on the National Testing Network at https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/search.cfm?position=1#viewresults
Written examinations MUST be completed by April 2, 2021 in order to be eligible for the remainder of the testing process. This includes submitting ALL of the required documents listed below.
– Citizen of the United State of America, have valid permanent resident card, or have intention to become a United States Citizen
– Must be or agree to become upon appointment, a resident of Sandusky County or a county adjacent
– Applicants must be of a good character and have no record of a felony conviction
– Applicants should have a valid driver’s license
– Applicants must have attained the age of twenty-one (21) on or before the date of appointment and are not eligible for appointment on or after his or her thirty-fifth (35th) birthday
Applicants, who possess a current valid Ohio Peace Officer Training Council certification and have filed by the application deadline certification of said specialized training, shall receive an additional credit of ten percent (10%) of their composite test score, provided they have achieved a passing score without regard to this credit.
Applicants, who qualify for military credit and have filed proof of said military qualification by the application deadline, shall receive an additional twenty percent (20%) credit of their composite test score, provided they have achieved a passing score without regard to this credit.
Applicants, who qualify for military reserve credit and have filed proof of said military qualification by the application deadline, shall receive an additional fifteen percent (15%) credit of their composite test score, provided they have achieved a passing score without regard to this credit.
Applicants must pass the written test with a score of 70% or higher, pass all physical agility test events and receive a passing score on the interview to be eligible for the aforementioned credits.
Required Documents *MUST be submitted on National Testing Network by April 2, 2021.*
– Physician’s Approval Form
– Patrolman Release Form
– Test Selection Date Form
– Background Check Release Information
For extra credit, please include with other required documentation at time of application:
current valid OPOTC certification, proof of Military Credit (DD214 Member 4 copy)
Please direct all questions to the Safety Service Director’s Office by calling 419-334-2687 or e-mailing Administrative Secretary Amanda Sears, [email protected].