Recycling and Refuse
Recycling and Waste Collection Information
Sandusky OH 44870
Republic Services Customer Service 1-800-686-2454. Office Hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Full service includes one 95-gallon trash cart, 1-65 gallon recycling cart, full service price is $19.23 month billed quarterly.
Residents are reminded that recycling and waste carts must not be visible from the street while storing.
Contact Republic Services for additional disposal information at 1-800-686-2454. If you wish to exchange your waste cart for a different size, contact Republic Services after initial delivery.
If you are interested in recycling services, contact Republic Services for details. Bags and bulk tags can be purchased at Chuds Market, Kroger and The Friendship Store on Crossroads.
Attention Republic Services Customers
In best efforts to streamline communication with our valued customers, we have designated an email address that can be used for any service-related concerns. This email will communicate directly with the local Dispatch team. Should you need to reach out for any service related matters, please email us at [email protected].
**NOTE – This email is strictly for service-related communications. All other communication needs should be addressed by calling 419.626.2454 or by visiting our website at www.Disposal.com.
Thank you for being a valued customer of Republic Services!
How to set out carts?
When to set out carts?
What if I have more trash than will fit in the cart?
What if my cart is damaged or stolen?
What if the waste truck damages the cart?
Who owns the cart?
What do I do with my old FSI cart?
How do I know when to set my recycling and waste carts out during a holiday week?
Holidays that affect collections
Automated Curbside Waste Collection
What to put in the blue cart?
What not to put in blue cart?
What do I do with my old unwanted household furniture and miscellaneous household junk, appliances, etc.?
Remember that when placing an old refrigerator at the curb, the doors must be removed and placed next to the refrigerator; Freon must be removed also.
Is there anything that Republic does not collect from the curb?
- Newspapers: The entire newspaper, including inserts.
- Aluminum, steel, and bimetal cans: Food and beverage cans only.
- Glass: bottles & jars: Food and beverage containers only.
- Plastic: Food and beverage containers marked #1 through #7.
- Plastic: Detergent and soap containers marked #1 through #7.
- Please rinse all containers listed above.
- Misc paper: Magazines, junk mail, cardboard & paperboard (milk, orange juice type cartons, cereal boxes & clean pizza boxes).
Do Not Recycle
- Containers with excessive foods or liquids still in the containers.
- Containers that contain hazardous materials such as oil or anti-freeze.
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc.
- Light bulbs, ceramics, china, etc.
- Plastic wrap, plastic bags, flower pots, toys, etc.
- Scrap metal, car parts, batteries, etc.
- Do not place any yard waste in blue recycling cart